Built of brick and Meuse limestone, the two-storey Groesbeeck de Croix house assumed its present form in the 18th century. Although the rear façade is dated 1605, the overall appearance is of a typical Louis XV style building. The entrance hall, with its beautiful plasterwork, leads to a landing beneath an impressive stuccoed rotunda. On the upper floor are some fine rooms decorated with painted fabric, and one whose walls are covered with moulded leather which has been gilded and coloured. The walls of the kitchen are covered with 1250 glazed earthenware tiles. The building is now the home of the Namur museum of decorative arts.
Building listed by RD (29-05-1934)
Listed as an exceptional heritage site of Wallonia