The Caserne Léopold (Leopold Barracks) was built in 1838. At the end of the 19th century, thanks mainly to Minister Victor Tesch and Colonel Demarest, there was considerable military expansion in Arlon: By 1883 Arlon had its own regiment and the barracks were enlarged. They were occupied successively by the 11th and the 10th Regiment of the Line. After the end of WWII the 1st Regiment Ardennes Hunters were housed there, followed by various other units. Now the Barracks are the home of the Academy of Fine Arts and the School of Industry and Commerce.