On 10May 1940.at 6 in the morning, a 1,950 kg mine laid in the main road at the foot of the church exploded causing serious damage to the church. The next day the German army demolished the church tower, in order to fill the hole left in the road by the explosion. It was rebuilt in 1956.
In pseudo-Gothic style, with its the spire reaching 50 metres above ground. The clock consists of three gilded copper dials: the south dial depicts hunting scenes - the west dial west depicts scenes of the Christian life - and the north dial depicts local history.
InfoSalm : +32 (0)80/21.50.52. - www.vielsalm-gouvy.be