This chapel, dating from 1538, is in the hamlet of Ossenweg on the border of the provinces of Brabant and Limbourg.
According to legend, the miraculous statue of the Virgin in this chapel came from the chapel of Castelberg. The 16th century statuette was discovered while ploughing a nearby field. It was hung on an oak and soon this place became a growing centre of veneration. A small chapel was built in 1536-1538 to shelter the statue .Due to the growing number of pilgrims the small building has been enlarged over the centuries. This pilgrimage site to the Virgin is open every day.
The provincial domain of “Het Vinne”with its park and lake is close by.