This 16th century chapel in Late Gothic style, located in Hauthem at a height of 105 m, dominates the view over Hoegaarden. It includes a nave and a choir, a sharply inclined roof and a small pointed tower. It was built of stone, from Gobertange (Geldenaken), alternating with bands of stone originating in Overlaar (Hoegaarden).
The chapel was restored in the 20th century, in the 1960s, and since then has been maintained regularly. The oldest sculptures were put near the treasury of the church of Saint Gorgon for safekeeping. The painting from the 17th century on the high altar shows the martyrdom of Saint Gorgon. The side altars have paintings representing ‘a Crucifixion’ and ‘Saint Roch’.
One of the statues is that of Saint Catherine, venerated as a saint, healing diseases of the skin.
On the small rood screen in the back the year 1755 is inscribed. The pinnacle turret was added in the 17th century.