Saint Servatius refers to the parish church, while Saints Peter and Paul refer to the abbey church. The church, built out of white sandstone, dates from 1660-1680. That was the glorious period of the abbey, founded in around 1125. The tower with its 48 bells gives the surrounding area a welcoming note that leaves no one indifferent.
The choir contrasts with the rest of the church due to its large dimensions. The nave has remained incomplete; this is noticeable because of the temporary façade.
In the interior the walls are highly carved. This decoration, as well as the four magnificent confessionals, the cathedra, the stalls, the altar and the tomb of the Count of Grimbergen, make this interior one of the most beautiful Baroque collections in the country.
In the choir, the observer can admire four paintings of Saint Norbert done by Jan van Orley. Elsewhere are numerous works by De Crayer, van Orley and van Loon.