The oldest parts of this church are Romanesque and date from the 12th century. It was completed in the 13th century by a transept and tower and in the 15th century by the choir. Other modifications followed in the 17th century. The chapel of the Sainted Cross was added in 1719 and shelters two miraculous crosses. In 1865 the church was enlarged on its western side.
The ensemble is an imposing edifice in local sandstone. The treasure, the tombstones, the paintings and the stained glass windows are all beautiful. Saint Martin is depicted in a retable, amongst several other sculptures, on the main Neo-Gothic altar.
A second altar is adorned with a group of statues including “the coronation of Mary”. The wood panelling, the pulpit and various furnishings date from the 18th century.