This listed Baroque monument, built in local marbled stone, completes charmingly the rural landscape and grottos of the parish of Jeker.
The chapel was built by the son of the carpenter, Herman Jekermans of Kanne in 1647. When he was 34 he left for Jerusalem, promising that he would build a copy of the Holy Sepulchre when he returned.
Unfortunately, the building was damaged during WWII but was restored in 1960. A further renovation was completed in 1995.
Most noteworthy is the chapel’s façade with its Tuscan pilasters and sculpture.
The bench, the trees and the view of the neighbouring hills gives this idyllic place a feeling of serenity.