The first monastery of the Dominicans was located in the ‘Calvariestraat’ (the street of Calvary). But further to the expansion of the order, the Dominicans had a new church built out of bricks in the Termien district between 1939 and 1943. During the war, the completion of the project experienced delays due to lack of materials. It was only in 1956 that the church of the Dominican fathers was established as the parish of the Termien district.
In 1958, two bells were added to the church. The KAV took the initiative to have a baptismal chapel built that houses the statue of the Virgin and the Baby Jesus, who is giving the Rosary to Saint Dominic. This same type of representation can be found in various spots in the church, among other things in the paintings and the wooden statues. One statue is dedicated to Saint Barbara, patron saint of the miners of the region.
The large size of the stalls of the choir refers to the origin of this conventual church.
During the week, the parishioners follow the mass in a chapel adorned with a retable with a rosary which was formerly found in a Dominican monastery in Ghent (which has since been closed).