The Abbess of Herkenrode, near Hasselt, undertook the building of a new church in 1785.It was named after Saint Quintin and completed in 1788.The early Gothic low tower from the 13th century has been preserved at the side of the church. The west façade still shows traces of two earlier churches.
In 1949, the tower, the Romanesque baptismal fonts in the chapel tower (12th century) and the façade were classified as monuments. The whole church and the town hall were protected as historical monuments in 1983.
Inside one notes immediately the monumental organ, originally a Robustelly, which came from the Cistercian abbey at Val- Saint- Lambert. Besides that, it is the whole classical interior and the dozen Tuscan columns which impresses by its splendour.
Since the church’s interior renovation in 2009, the stucco ornamentation of the choir and the side naves (1789 André-Martin Vivroux) impress by their beauty and grandeur. These works of art depict the Trinity, the Ascension and the Assumption.
Other valuable works include the 14th century “Sedes Sapientiae” in walnut from the Meuse area, a wooden statue of Saint Anne the Trinity from 1500 from Brabant, a stucco Way of the Cross (1904) by A De Beule of Ghent and a 1765 pulpit from Liege.