Wulvergem with only 280 inhabitants is the smallest village in the region and is on the West Flanders “bergenroute”.
The village was devastated during the First World War and the Gothic 15th century church was itself destroyed in 1914.It was rebuilt in 1922-23 in neo-gothic style with three naves.
The 15th century bust of Christ comes from the old church. In the new tower the figures represent the family Le Cocq, seigniors of the village. The decorative effect of brick and natural stone is pleasing to the eye.
In the village is a sculpture, “the Whale”, by Willem Vermandere.