The market place is dominated by a Neo-Gothic ‘hallekerke’ with three naves, built in 1923-1925 by the architect Thierry Nolf of Torhout.
The west tower of the church is rather massive, but the view of the whole is lightened by a lawn surrounded by lime trees. Aside from the stained glass windows, the church lost all its treasures during the war.
In 2002, on the occasion of the 900th anniversary of the parish, all the liturgical space was rearranged. At present the church is used for concerts and conferences.
Since 2009 the church has been enriched with a contemporary work " Kruisweg van liefde", 5 imposing canvases depicting Golgotha and the death on the cross and also the descent from the cross and the resurrection.It is the work of the Brussels painter Luc Hoenraet.