The Gothic church with three naves dates from 1614, while parts of the tower and the sacristy are 13th century and there is a commemorative stone from about 1400. It was enlarged in 1887 but then destroyed in 1917-1918. It was rebuilt four years later and restored in 1999.
Modern art inspires its decoration though there are some old paintings such as “the Resurrection of Christ” (1600). However other works are from the early 19th century.
The furniture is mainly Neo-Gothic but the rest is contemporary such as a chair designed by Mies van der Rohe. On the altar in steel and glass by Georges Missiaen is a mixture of items in ceramic, metal and in glass that characterises this work of art. There is also a strange tabernacle in pewter by Roger Bonduel, glass objects by Achille Castiglioni and ceramics by Max van der Linden.
A handy book, by the priest Georges Missiaen, with 115 photos provides a guide to the church’s treasures.