The Neo-gothic church of Saint Peter dating from 1925 was modelled after ancient basilicas and replaced an old prayer house of 1866-1870. This itself was built to replace the ruined church of Oud-Stuivekenskerke. Due to its heroic history during the First World War the whole village is protected by royal decree. This covers the chapel in memory of Our Lady of Victory (1924-1925) designed by the architect Camille Van Elsande from Veurne, the ruins of the church tower (1572), two steles commemorating Belgian army units and the nearby old cemetery.
Organ connoisseurs recognise that the small organ at the back of the church is a masterpiece from the 1950’s by Loncke of Essen. It was completely overhauled in 2003 by Jan Lapon the well known organ maker from Diksmuide.