The Romanesque church was replaced by a Gothic one in the 14th century, the tower of which still exists. In 1846 the building was demolished as the number of parishioners kept on growing. Thus the present church in brick with three naves under a saddleback roof was built.
Inside are three splendid baroque altars and on the high altar there is a fine altar piece depicting “the treasure of saint Laurent”. Works of the 18th century include the pulpit, the organ and a painting by Cornelis van Merlen, ”the Martyrdom of Saint Laurent».
The oldest piece in the church is the confessional from 1661.The Romanesque fonts dating from the 12th century have survived two reconstructions and have been restored. The four sides detail the legend of Saint Nicholas.
Nearby in the graveyard is a monument commemorating the war with the inscription “AVV-VVK’