This Neo-Gothic church has three naves and a tower on its south east side. After the parish of ‘sGravenjansdijk was created in 1904, a wooden church was built which served temporarily until another brick one was constructed after the plans of the architect Henri Valcke de Ledeberg. Some restoration was done in 1955, for example to the tower, to repair damage caused by the war in 1944.
In 1978 the stained glass windows in their turn were restored. Four windows coming from a neighbouring convent’s chapel had been incorporated into the transept windows. At the same time the murals were refurbished.
These polychrome frescoes harmonise remarkably with the red brick of the ribbed vault and contrast with the blue stone of the ribs themselves.
The neo gothic furnishings include the high altar in black marble, its altar piece in wood with groups of polychrome statues; the Calvary in the centre , the Last Supper on the left and the laying in the tomb on the right. Also noteworthy is the Stations of the Cross by Aloïs De Beule.