This classic brick building dating from 1781 was restored between 1978 and 1987. There are three naves under a single sloping roof; the furnishings coming from another church have been replaced during the 19th century.
A Calvary, an 18th century wood cross painted white and located over an ancient charnel house backs onto the southern façade. This Calvary, flanked by statues of the Virgin and Saint John and protected by a porch roof, was restored in 1938 by G Dupon of Bruges While some memorial plaques are placed on the outer wall of the church on either side of the Calvary, other white marble tombstones are found in the interior.
Inside, the main altar is of marble and there are numerous paintings :”The mystic marriage of Saint Catherine of Alexandria” (1662), “The beheading of Saint Barbara”(17th century),”Our Lady of Sorrows”(1873),”Saint Barbara by Jozef Vindevogel (1900).
Also worth seeing is the organ by Van Pethegem , six neo-gothic polychrome statues of the saints and four wooden statues by the priest- sculptor, Valery Stuyver.