This church, full of charm, consecrated to Saint Denis, is located on a hill in the centre of the village of Roborst. It is surrounded by the enclosure wall of the cemetery and is located in a park that is glorious for its numerous lime trees. The church with three naves is built for the major part of bricks; among them one also finds freestones as well as remnants of stones and Roman roofs.
The oldest part of the church dates from the 13th century. The Gothic choir was built around 1500, while the tower experienced different stages of construction.
In 1648, the square base of the tower is surmounted by an octagonal upper part, ending in a crown in the shape of a bell.
In 1767, the church was subjected to serious transformations; the north side remained intact, but was raised up.
The interior of the church houses a series of paintings from the hand of Maarten De Vos, a student of Rubens (first quarter of the 17th century).
On the village square, which was renovated a short while ago, you will be able to admire the statue of ‘the cress picker’.
And for strollers, Roborst is a point of departure for taking lovely walks.