A majestic landmark very visibly sited on a hill above Liège, the Inter-allied Memorial at Cointe was inaugurated in 1937 and comprises two distinct parts.
The civilian esplanade is defined by its 75-metre votive tower, designed like a skyscraper, its crypt containing the oldest of the memorials (Romanian, Franco-Belgian and Spanish).
The hall of pillars, so called because of its eight decorative pillars, contains four memorials: Italian (1936), Greek (1988), British (1994) and Polish (1996).
The unfinished church has a central cupola decorated with copper foil, an apse and four diagonal chapels.
Listed building (with protection zone) (24-01-2011)