The collegiate church of St Paul was founded in 965 and rebuilt in the Gothic style between the 13th and 16th centuries.
The beautiful foliated pattern painted onto its ceiling and the Renaissance stained-glass windows in the choir and transepts all date from the 16th century.
St Paul’s became a cathedral in 1801 and received furnishings from churches destroyed after the Revolution, including Delcour’s 17th-century sculpture of the recumbent Christ, and treasures from the old St Lambert’s cathedral, such as the gold reliquary given by Charles the Bold and the imposing gold and silver bustreliquary of St Lambert, patron saint of the diocese.
Building listed (24-07-1936)
Listed as an exceptional heritage site of Wallonia