Founded around 965, the collegiate church of St Martin was completely rebuilt, with the exception of its tower, in the Gothic style in the early 16th century.
The very fine set of Renaissance stained-glass windows, also dates from this period. The splendid Chapel of the Holy Sacrament, with its fourteen baroque bas-reliefs, is a reminder that the feast of Corpus Christi, in honour of the Holy Sacrament, was first celebrated here in 1246.
It was in recognition of this event that Pope Leo XIII designated it a minor basilica in 1886.
Building listed by RD (15-01-1936)
Listed as an exceptional heritage site of Wallonia