With its origins in the Soignes forest, the Solvay estate was bought in 1893 by the industrialist Ernest Solvay, who simply renovated the château built by its previous owner.
Although the building owes its present appearance to Ernest’s son, Armand, it was his grandson, Ernest-John, who laid out the park, making it a splendid setting for a number of rare trees, fragile plants, and certain animals.
Open to the public all year round, the estate is also the home of the Fondation Folon.
Building listed on 10th June 1963
Listed as an exceptional heritage site of Wallonia