This former abbey of Cistercian nuns was founded in 1207 and transferred to Jodoigne in about 1215, but its buildings date from the 18th century. Sold during the period of the French Revolution, they were largely destroyed, with the exception of one wing of the abbess’s living-quarters. The adjacent farm and barn, both splendid 18th-century structures, also survived. The barn, one of the largest in Belgium, has an immense roof supported by columns. The site has been converted into a conference centre with an auditorium.
Building and site listed on 27th January 2012
Listed as an exceptional heritage site of Wallonia