Nothing remains of the Romanesque collegiate church besides the enormous crypt, which now houses superb treasures which include, among other items, the 12th-century Mosan reliquaries of St Mengold and St Domitian.
Work on the present Gothic building began in the 14th century, but was not finished until the 16th century, with the installation of the largest rose window in Wallonia, li Rondia, and the completion of the very fine painted decoration.
Remarkable for its two towers that delineate the chancel, with the north tower housing the bells, Huy church also features the very fine Bethlehem gate, located to the south of the chevet. Dating from the 14th century, the gate depicts three scenes of the Nativity and is one of the finest in Wallonia. An extensive restoration programme has been underway for the past fifteen years.
Building listed on 1st August 1933
Listed as an exceptional heritage site of Wallonia