The Château de Leignon was built between 1895 and 1900 by the architect Auguste Van Assche. It has a neo-Gothic appearance with some “military” touches.
A different style is used in each of its rooms, which include a late-Gothic dining-room with an imposing, elaborate fireplace and panelling typical of that style, and a beautiful Art Nouveau library with mahogany panelling and copper light fittings.
The first-floor landing is hung with paintings which recall the visits to the Orient made by the builder.
Listed building (with protection zone) (14-10-1992)