It is the largest Baroque building Allariz. Austere design was conceived in plan and elevation. The commissioning of the work was done to Simon Rodriguez, a teacher who had built several temples in previous years in Santiago and La Coruña.
The artist died in 1752 without seeing the beginning of the work since the work was delayed until 1757, when a incencio destroyed the XIV century building, taking it to be totally demolished to be raised following construction principles and Baroque art Compostela. The cover has the largest deployment ornamental building, executed by local stonemasons. Presents a geometric decoration, with a simplification of the front of the Convent of Santa Clara in the city of Santiago de Compostela.
Artistically, the door is surrounded by a frame recess, creating a very distinctive chiaroscuro of Baroque works. In the doorway stands a scallop. entrance is located on a niche highlighted by scrolls that houses the image of Santa Clara. At a higher level and following a geometric order is placed a window and the image of the Eternal Father, surrounded by swirls, clouds, and crowned with the triangle symbolizes the Trinity. Its interior has a Latin cross plan, with a nave of two sections, cruise and rectangular presbytery. The space is designed rationally, highlighting the longitudinal axis of the temple to the altar. Presents a very dynamic and plastic interior, characteristic of the Baroque, highlighting the original tri-lobed arch of the choir loft, with clear influence of Domingo de Andrade.