Designed by the architect Jean-Michel Wilmotte, this ontemporary history museum houses the gifts received by the President of the Republic during his time in office from 1995 to 2007. It aims to give an overall picture of the modern world through its exhibits, which include:
- a permanent collection of gifts (150 items), divided into geopolitical areas and the context in which they were given (eg State visits, international summits, private visits etc),
- temporary exhibitions displayed in a 600 m2 room and in new exhibition areas (opened November 2006):
- a reserve collection of 2,000 exhibits with interactive displays, which may be visited by the general public,
- an exhibition area dedicated to themed presentations taken from the collection,
- a library housing the 10,000 volumes of the museum's collection,
- workshop area used for school groups and young visitors,
- 80-seater auditorium for meetings, conferences and screenings.
The museum also has a bookshop offering a range of publications. Guided tours for groups (supplement payable).
Entrance fee. Open March to november, close on mondays, 10am-12.30pm and 1.30-6pm
Tel: 05 55 21 77 77