Already registered ? Log in
GRAND ARNSBOURG

GRAND ARNSBOURG

Credit : Celine Chall

The ruins of Grand Arnsbourg, a castle dating back to the middle of the 12th century, are between Philippsbourg and Niederbronn.

The castle was built to survey the Zinsel valley leading to Bitche. Louis d'Arnsbourg was the first occupant in 1229; from 1332, it was in the hands of the Lords of Lichtenberg until the last descendant died in 1481. The Count of Deux-Pont-Bitche became proprietor until the castle was partially destroyed during the Peasant War.

For security reason access is strictly forbidden.

Access:

Forestry car park on the D87. Follow the red rectangles up to the path which lead you to the ruin in approximately 30 minutes

Technical information

57230 BAERENTHAL
Lat : 48.9512897Lng : 7.5612977
178 d

2 Additional information

Contact

Tel : 03 87 06 16 16
Email : contact@tourisme-paysdebitche.fr
Site web : www.tourisme-paysdebitche.fr

Producteur de la donnée

Ces informations sont issues de la plateforme SITLOR - Système d’Information Touristique - Lorraine
Elles sont synchronisées dans le cadre du partenariat entre Cirkwi, l’Agence régionale du Tourisme Grand Est et les membres du comité technique de Sitlor.