The oldest traces of the existence of this castle date back to the year 1478. The castle, which before the Second World War was a beautifully furnished residence, was later used as a hideout for the FFI during the war.
It was then burnt down by the Germans during an operation against the maquis. All the interior decoration and the roofs were destroyed. The castle was then abandoned, looted and swallowed up by the construction of the Razisse dam. Today, the ruins of the castle are more or less visible depending on the season.
It cannot be visited.
Phone : 05 63 55 39 14
Email : email@example.com
All year round, daily.
Office de tourisme Vallée du Tarn & Monts de l'Albigeois - 17/02/2023
Report a problem