Founded in 1066 by William the Conqueror, the St. Stephen’s Benedictine Abbey in Caen was consecrated in 1077. The 18th century monastic buildings, which comprise the cloister, wainscotted halls adorned with paintings and the Guardroom, now house the Caen City Council. William’s tomb is in the abbey-church.
From July 12th to August 30th, english guided tours are organised every day at 11.00am, 1.30pm and 3.30pm and from September 1st to September 17th, on weekdays only (except on 03, 10 and 13 September).
E-mail : email@example.com
Telephone : 02 31 30 42 81
OT Caen la Mer