In the middle of apple orchards and sunflower fields, Ventavon is a pretty fortified village around its church St Lawrence (12th century) and its magnificent castle (private) of the 15th century.
Dominating the valley of the Durance, Ventavon is crossed by the Napoleon Road on the road D 1085, in the hamlet of Valenty (Passage of Napoleon : March 5, 1815).
A splendid Renaissance style portal provides access to the courtyard of the village square. In the center of the village, you can see its church with its campanaire and adjoining belfry surmounted by a clock with four dials and orientation table.
Note the contemporary sundial on the facade of City Hall.
The Ventavon Castle (private property) with white plastered facade has an old oak gate and terraced gardens.
Office de Tourisme de Sisteron Buëch - 11/02/2018
Report a problem
Phone : 04 92 65 09 38
Fax : 04 92 65 28 41
Email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.tourisme-laragne.fr
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/OT-Laragne-Gorges-M%C3%A9ouge-945655238779238/timeline/?ref=hl
All year round, daily.