Already registered ? Log in
Church of  Venosc
Church of  Venosc
Church of  Venosc
Church of  Venosc
Church of  Venosc

Church of Venosc

The Church of Venosc blend several styles.
Dating from the 9th century, the church has undergone over the years many architectural works
Church of Romanesque style dating from the IX century but has undergone over time architectural works.
Modern style nave was completed in 1910 thanks to the Chartreux fathers.
The altarpiece dates from the seventeenth century and is Baroque.
The two saints are St Paul and St Peter. Saint Peter and Saint Paul are inseparable They are the two pillars of the Church and tradition will never celebrated them one without the other.
St Pierre is the owner of the church and St Paul the patron of the parish.
The church is one of the richest of the Oisans, in part, thanks to wealthy donors as donations Jacques Rochette and hawkers who made his fortune.
The bell tower houses is the oldest bell in the Oisans found, dating from 1622.

Le Courtil 38520 Venosc
Lat : 44.9902Lng : 6.11468
0 m
17 d

6 informations complémentaires

Open period

visit possible all year

Tips

Visit the church every Monday during the tour season in winter and summer

Updated by

Office de Tourisme de Venosc-Vénéon - 07/03/2018
Report a problem

Price(s)

Free of charge

Contact

Phone : 04 76 80 06 75

Email : mairiedevenosc@wanadoo.fr

Be the first to comment !

En poursuivant votre visite, vous acceptez l'utilisation de cookies permettant d'améliorer votre navigation. Pour en savoir plus, cliquez iciJ'ai compris