During a terrible fire back in 1846, the whole of the top part of the municipality was engulfed in the flames. Three people died. The first building below the oven belonged to Marie Revet. On seeing a strong wind blowing the flames towards her house, she ran to fetch the finest of her cows, took it right up to where the fire was raging and vowed to sell the cow if her house was spared and to put the proceeds towards building an oratory to St Agatha. Straightaway the wind changed direction and pushed the flames back to the heart of the fire. True to her word, Marie had an oratory built that can still be seen to this day in the village centre.