In 1755, King Louis XV ordered the building of three identical barracks in
Rueil, Courbevoie and Saint-Denis to house his regiment officially.
The Franco-Swiss Museum, located in the Guynemer Barracks, a listed
building, tells the story of this elite regiment.
The regiment of the Swiss Guards, permanent army corps of soldiers was created in 1616 by Louis XIII. The first Swiss became integrated with the population towards 1646. They will be billeted in private houses until 1754, the date at which Luis XV to built three barracks in Rueil-Malmaison, Courbevoie and Saint-Denis. Listed monument historic, the barracks of Rueil stills exists. A out building of the museum is specially devoted to the Swiss Guards whom are settled since 1999 in one of the gate lodge of the barrack.
RER A / Rueil-Malmaison station or metro line 1 up to La Defense and
then bus n°258 : ‘Gabriel Peri’ stop bus.
Phone : 01 47 32 66 50
Email : email@example.com
From 01/01 to 31/12, daily.
Closed exceptionally on January 1st and December 25th.
Office de Tourisme de Rueil-Malmaison - 22/08/2023
Report a problem
Group rate available for > 10 people.
Visit for groups by appointment only.
Rate : 7 €.