The parish church was built in the village between 1870 and 1880. It was named after Saint Martin who is depicted in an allegorical sculpture on the tympanum in which he offers the warmth of his coat to a beggar.
The only vestige of the previous building is the 17th-century belltower, probably restored, which is still part of the current church.
Inside the church is a baptismal font which, although undated, is known to be very old.
The building also houses a tombstone dating from 1528, under which the remains of Louis le Balme de Montchalin, priest of Quirieu, Morestel and Courtenay, were buried, There are 16 medieval burial grounds dotted across the village, including the 7th-century "Catogane" cemetery and another at Flévin which dates from the 11th century.
Five of these burial grounds have been excavated by the Archaeological Centre of Grenoble, but the absence of any furniture makes the task difficult for searchers who have never found any evidence of human presence.
(Source: Les Communes du Pays des Couleurs se Racontent). Canton of Morestel administrative district. Le Pays des Couleurs (Land of Colours).)
Phone : 04 74 80 19 59
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
All year round, daily.
Office du Tourisme Les Balcons du Dauphiné - 10/11/2020