The Montgésin Chapel was constructed in 1418. In the beginning it was under the saint of "Notre Dame de la Grâce ou de la Pitié", then it was rechristened "Notre Dame des Neiges" . Processions began from the 18th century.
In 1729, during a visit from the bishop, which took place every 4 years, the chapel was declared well known for its miracles.
After deliberation in 1752, the 5th of August was proclaimed a bank holiday by the parish of Longefoy.
Buried all around this chapel are the victims of a terrible epidemic, as well as all the children of Longefoy that died without being baptised.
During the procession on the 5th of August, they prayed for snow as it was a sign of a good harvest. At the time of the procession they circled the chapel 3 times to pay homage to the buried people. Then on the return journey they stopped in Montalbert where they also circled the chapel 3 times to pay homage to the people of Montalbert that had died.
This procession came to an end in the 19th century.
Phone : 06 75 10 37 73
Email : email@example.com
From 04/07 to 29/08, daily.
Office de Tourisme de la Grande Plagne - 23/10/2020