The castle, the cradle of Phalsbourg, was the seat of Count Palatine George Jean, founder of the town from 1568. The exterior restoration (staircase and tower) dates from George Jean. The ground floor (now the cellar), where the year 1568 is engraved, also remains from this period. The stone keystone, removed around 1890, showed the coat of arms of George John. At that time the castle extended as far as the Place d'Armes. Vauban included the building in his plan and enclosed it in one of the bastions. The building can now be accessed via the first floor. The castle is a stage on the discovery tour. Free visit of the exterior.
Ces informations sont issues de la plateforme SITLOR - Système d’Information Touristique - Lorraine
Elles sont synchronisées dans le cadre du partenariat entre Cirkwi, l’Agence régionale du Tourisme Grand Est et les membres du comité technique de Sitlor.