The oldest known text mentioning La Guitière dates back to 1309. It was then a fief of high justice under the jurisdiction of La Roche-Aguet. La Guitière only retains the smallest of its towers from its original 13th or 14th century construction. Most of the remodeling was done during the Renaissance, notably with the construction of two large round towers. A new wing completes the ensemble at the end of the 19th century. The property is attached to the La Touche d'Avrigny family, who undertook the reconstruction of the Notre-Dame du Bas-Bourg chapel in 1909.
Registered as a Historic Monument in 2007.
e-mail : familledhardivilliers@yahoo.fr
Fixed telephone : +33 6 33 55 12 45
Château
Conditions de visite : Guided tour by appointment only