Created in 1920, this necropolis gather the individual tombs dug right the battlegrounds of the Meaux region after the first battle of the Marne.
Almost 990 soldiers who died in 1914 are gathered here. Among them, 940 are still unidentified. They have been regrouped in 4 boneyards.
The 341 individual tombs are, for about half of them, the ones of French soldiers killed between June and July of 1918 during the second battle of the Marne in the North of Seine-et-Marne.
Most of the men buried in ossuaries are soldiers and officers of infantry troops, Zouaves regiments, and regiments of Moroccan and Algerian infantrymen who served during the first battle of the Marne.
Metropolitan soldiers who took part in the first battle of the Marne, such as Charles Peguy’s men, the 276th Infantry Regiment are, for the most part, from the region. Those who could be identified were then generally buried in a civil grave, in their town’s cemetery.