On the road between Barcy and Varreddes, and at close proximity of the national necropolis of Chambry, a small cemetery gathers the remains of German soldiers fallen during the Battle of the Marne of 1914.
Set up in 1924, this cemetery gathers around 1030 bodies in a rather small perimeter.
The fact is that 998 of these soldiers (among whom 985 are still unidentified) are buried in a large mass grave. Furthermore, under each cross present in this cemetery, rest two to four German soldiers.
Indeed, military cemeteries constitute national territories. Thus, after the war, the goal was not to give up too much land to the Germans.
Phone : 01 64 33 02 26
Fax : 01 64 33 24 86
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.tourisme-paysdemeaux.fr/
All year round, daily.
Office de Tourisme du Pays de Meaux - 24/11/2020