Already registered ? Log in
L’Émulation

L’Émulation

Currently occupied by the Théâtre de Liège, this building was built for the Société libre d’Émulation, a learned society founded in 1779, under the reign of Prince-Bishop Velbrück, who is often presented as the enlightened prince of the principality of Liège. The initial building burned down during the tragic events of the night of 20th August 1914. Rebuilt in classical style during the 1930’s, the façade includes many decorative elements, including bas-reliefs alluding to the arts. The wording UTILE DULCI (combining business with pleasure), the motto of l'Émulation, the City of Liège’s coat of arms as well as those of the Prince-Bishop Velbrück are also visible.

Infos techniques

16 Place du Vingt Août
4000 Liège
Lat : 50.6407658Lng : 5.5748802
1 year

Lodgings nearby