Already registered ? Log in
The old port’s docks

The old port’s docks

Credit : bertrandroyer.com

Plancoët is also a port at the back of a ria.

In the middle of the 19th century, the light boats were numerous to dock there and load or unload grains, apples, wood, « marne » ou « tangue » of the sea (mud to spread on the fields, used as a fertiliser on the crops)

The arrival of the train in 1879 meant its decline.

1 Rue des Quais 22130 Plancoët
Lat : 48.5217Lng : -2.23014
0 m
2 years

Be the first to comment !

En poursuivant votre visite, vous acceptez l'utilisation de cookies permettant d'améliorer votre navigation. Pour en savoir plus, cliquez ici