Already registered ? Log in
image utilisateur
Place du 11 Novembre
74300 Cluses
04 50 96 69 69
http://www.2ccam.fr
ot@2ccam.fr
Saint-Jean-Baptiste church
Saint-Jean-Baptiste church
Saint-Jean-Baptiste church

Saint-Jean-Baptiste church

Credit : CAMT

Le Reposoir's church was built by the same architect than the church of Saint-Sigismond : the priest Rouge. Constructed in 1849 on a Greek cross plan, it had no steeple for lack of means.
In 1888, the church declared too small for 430 inhabitants, was extended on a Latin cross plan. The wooden belfry was replaced by the current steeple and the works were paid by the Carthusian monks.
Inside, you will be able to see 8 stained-glass windows made by the factory of Bessac near Grenoble and a statue of John from Spain the Blessed.

For a detailed story of the church and the village, please contact our heritage guide Anne-France Binder.

Infos techniques

53, chemin de Fréchet
74950 Le Reposoir
Lat : 46.011002Lng : 6.534719
190 d

4 informations complémentaires

Contact

Phone : 04 50 98 18 01

Email : tourisme@cluses-montagnes.com

Website : www.cluses-montagnes-tourisme.com/

Open period

All year round, daily.

Updated by

Cluses Arve & montagnes Tourisme - 16/04/2021
Report a problem

Price(s)

Free access.

Lodgings nearby