Already registered ? Log in
Château de Frauenberg

CASTLE’S RUINS

Credit : Sarreguemines Tourisme

The Frauenberg castle has only been mentioned in 1370. It seems to have been constructed at the end of the 13th century. It was demolished in 1634. The castle sheltered two ovens of an earthenware factory, which worked in Frauenberg from 1785 to 1791. Then it has been transferred in Vaudrevange (Wallerfangen, Sarre). This earthenware factory was the basis of the well-known ceramic firm Villeroy and Boch. From 1793, the passing of the troops finished to wreck the castle during the whole 19th century.

Technical information

Rue du Château
57200 FRAUENBERG
Lat : 49.1343677Lng : 7.1294717
208 d

2 Additional information

Producteur de la donnée

Ces informations sont issues de la plateforme SITLOR - Système d’Information Touristique - Lorraine
Elles sont synchronisées dans le cadre du partenariat entre Cirkwi, l’Agence régionale du Tourisme Grand Est et les membres du comité technique de Sitlor.