Already registered ? Log in
TEMPLAR CHAPEL OF RUGNEY

TEMPLAR CHAPEL OF RUGNEY

Credit : Association Commanderie Templière de Rugney

The Commandery of Xugney (in Rugney)
The Saint-Jean-Baptiste chapel in Xugney is the oldest Templar vestige in Lorraine. Built after 1160, in the late Romanesque style, it was part of a larger complex called the "commandery", which included a chapter house, a cloister, residential buildings for the soldier monks, as well as stables and other buildings.
This small farm has survived the centuries with the hazards that this may have caused on the site. The buildings have been transformed, moved, destroyed and rebuilt.
For 600 years, the monks who have occupied this chapel have forged its history, marked by calm, serenity and a strong spiritual dimension.
(Information: Cédric Moulis, Engineer in Medieval Archaeology at the University of Nancy).

Legend has it that an underground passage linked the castle of Savigny and the Commandery of Xugney.

Technical information

Chemin de Xugney
88130 RUGNEY
Lat : 48.3513526Lng : 6.2498118
203 d

2 Additional information

Contact

Tel : 06 17 49 24 27
Email : commanderierugney@gmail.com

Producteur de la donnée

Ces informations sont issues de la plateforme SITLOR - Système d’Information Touristique - Lorraine
Elles sont synchronisées dans le cadre du partenariat entre Cirkwi, l’Agence régionale du Tourisme Grand Est et les membres du comité technique de Sitlor.