This Séré de Rivières fort was built in 1878. It is built entirely of stone rather than concrete and it withstood massive shelling in September 1914, as well as repeated attacks from the German army, saving Verdun from encirclement and protecting the rear of the eastern flank of the French troops fighting in the Battle of the Marne.
Fort Troyon stood forgotten for 80 years but is now maintained by a handful of volunteers from the "Ceux de Troyon" association, which is preserving local heritage to ensure that future generations do not forget the sacrifice made by their forefathers.
Tel : 07 89 84 64 08
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Site web : www.fort-de-troyon.com
Elles sont synchronisées dans le cadre du partenariat entre Cirkwi, l’Agence régionale du Tourisme Grand Est et les membres du comité technique de Sitlor.