Already registered ? Log in
Statue of the bridge of Tournelle

Statue of the bridge of Tournelle

Credit : Mathieu Clabaut

The bridge, partially submerged in 1910, was reconstructed in the middle of 1920s by the architects Pierre and Louis Guidetti. The command of the stone group, set up at the top of the pylon in the junction of both arcs, was, it, given to the sculptor Paul Landowski, the author of other numerous Parisian monuments. The work represents Saint Genevière protecting the City of Paris, shown under the lines of a girl squeezing against her the municipal nave.

Infos techniques

19 Pont de la Tournelle
75004 Paris
Lat : 48.850646Lng : 2.355462
0 m

Lodgings nearby