In the 17th century, monks in the parish made a sundial calculated in accordance with the latitude, longitude and orientation of the south wall of St Peter's Church. This became known as "The Watch" by local residents.
This is one of the oldest sundials in Oisans, dating from 1677 (slightly later than the 1669 sundial in Venosc). Renovated in 2000, a correction table enables the exact time to be calculated as indicated by the sun at any time of the year.
Throughout the year : open daily.
Oisans Tourisme - 25/03/2015
Report a problem
Free of charge
Phone : 04 76 80 03 21
Email : email@example.com