Built in 1837 and modernized in 1909, it is located where first bridge of the city (end of the 11th century) once stood. This original bridge was often destroyed by the Isère's rise in the water level.
The bridge was for a long time the only passageway over the Isere river. Until the floods of 1651, the old bridge featured a chapel of Our Lady and an animated wooden sculpture that rang out the hours.
Office de Tourisme de Grenoble-Alpes Métropole - 29/08/2016
Report a problem
Phone : 04 76 00 76 85
Email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.ville-grenoble.fr