This 17th-century cloister of classical style was originally a place of prayer. The flowerbeds, ornamental pond and ambulatory make it a haven of tranquillity even today. The gate is a piece of decoratiave ironwork dating from 1715.
Before entering this 17th-century cloister, stop to admire the monumental entrance gate. This ironwork masterpiece, a listed Historical Monument, originally stood in the courtyard of the chapel which has since disappeared. It was brought here when the local council decided to create a new entrance on Place de la Nation. The cloister's classical architecture is quite typical of the 17th century, with a regular succession of vaults and very inconspicuous shapes that are devoid of visible embellishment. The cloister was intended as a place for relaxation, meditation and spiritual awakening. The monks would wander in the ambulatory while the central flowerbeds and the soothing sound of the water in the pond invited them to pray.
Phone : 04 74 90 45 13
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Open daily all year round. Freely accessible
Office du Tourisme Les Balcons du Dauphiné - 06/08/2020